**Due to hazardous weather, our second course is postponed to Thursday, June 28, with the third course postponed to Thursday, July 5.
This class is all about getting you comfortable enough in and around a kayak to hop on the opportunity to paddle when it arises. These are small classes, no more than 8 students, so it is a great time for specialized instruction that goes beyond the basics.
First Class: Intro to the Kayak and Accessories - At Clintonville Outfitters
Second Class: Get on the Water! - At Alum Creek Creek, Howard Boat Ramp
- Learn the different parts of the kayak
- Learn about the different types of kayaks
- Learn about paddles (materials, length, blade shape)
- Talk about proper planning for a day on the water
Third Class: You're almost an expert! - At Prairie Oaks Metropark, Darby Bend Lakes
- Get comfortable in the kayak
- Learn different paddle strokes
- Learn how test stability of each boat
- Practice and apply paddle strokes
- Learn to "fall" out of your kayak safely
- Learn how to get you and others back in if they fall out
- Talk about other safety considerations
- Play Kayak Soccer!
- Have all your questions answered
Need a ride? We can transport you in our 12 passenger Adventure Van!
*PFD’s/Lifejackets must be worn while on water
*Always wear sunscreen and carry water
*Dress to get wet; shoes are highly recommended
**If there is impending bad weather, we will reschedule or you will be able to transfer your registration to another program
**We will announce any cancelations due to weather at least two hours in advance on our website. Check event status on our website, Facebook, or call the shop 614-447-8902
***Online registration closes 24 hours ahead of event or when full. Call the shop to see if there are any vacancies.
Clintonville Outfitters' Cancellation Policy
A lot of planning and prep go into making these programs the best possible experience that you can have. Due to that, we have to implement a cancellation policy that will ensure costs are covered and all participants get the most out of the program.
Cancel up to 30 Days in Advance – 100% Refund
Cancel up to 14 days in Advance – 75% Refund
Cancel up to 7 days in Advance - 50% Refund
Cancel 48 hours in Advance – No Refund
*If program is cancelled due to bad weather, we will reschedule or you may transfer your registration to another program